While our shorter sessions are great for introducing the benefits of mindfulness practice, embedding the practices and getting the most from mindfulness takes time and persistence. The Mindfulness at Work Course helps people to deepen their practice of mindfulness.
On this course we teach a number of different mindfulness practices and draw out their significance for participants’ lives – at home and at work.
The course is highly experiential and interactive and participants need to come to it willing to engage in up to 20-minutes of home-practice each day.
What is the format?
- 8 x weekly sessions of between 75 and 90-minutes each
- an optional 60-minute introductory session that allows potential participants to get a sense of what the course consists in and how to get the most from it
- Virtual or face-to-face
- Experiential and interactive
- Ideally between 8 and 24 participants
- Michael’s book Mindfulness in Eight Weeks is used as the course handbook
- We provide downloadable audio materials to support home practice.
Who is it for?
What will they learn?
- Each week they will learn more about how their minds shape their experience and how to get more choice around that.
- They will learn to manage stressors more effectively – at work and in their lives at home.
- They will learn methods that have been shown to build their capacities for focus and empathy; for managing their emotions and empathising with others; for trying out new perspectives and adapting to changing circumstances.
What do people say about it?
“This was by far the most useful course I’ve ever done in the workplace. It has had a huge positive impact on how I feel day to day. I don’t feel so overwhelmed by work or so anxious about the future.”
“I’ve tried to get going at mindfulness with different apps – but it’s not the same. The weekly support from our instructor and from peers on the course – that made all the difference.”
“My sleep is so much better now. I’m not so exhausted at the end of the working day.”
Back to to what we do